Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Wish-I-Could-Wear-You Wednesday: Threadless T-shirts in Women's Cut

Being a stay-at-home mom to 3 kids, including a toddler and infant, is chaotic to say the least. There are many a morning that I slip on the dreaded sweatpants as I rush to fix breakfast, comb hair, nurse a baby, and drop off kids at school. And then we just keep going from there, until it's now dinner time and my hair is shoved into an elastic, no make-up, and the sweatpants are still lurking around.

It's not that I'm against comfortable. I'm totally in favor of it obviously. But before I cross the line and support a wardrobe of stretch pants and Winnie the Pooh Sweatshirts, I'll try the jeans and t-shirts phase first. I dabble in this phase of mommy wardrobe at my favorite t-shirt company, Threadless.

Everyday jokers and computer-lovers email designs to Threadless, a community of skinny and fat people rank the designs, and then they print up highly ranked t's and everyone is happy and sporting some creative goods.




This is an out of print shirt designed by Tom Burns, and is one of the first shirts I ever bought from Threadless. It's called "Communist Party" and features Stalin, Lenin, Fidel and others toasting it up like frat boys. I bought it for my little-soft-but-still-hot husband and "planned for shrinkage". I went Guys 2-XL. Trouble is I love the shirt so much it's mine now and it *gulp* fits.


This one is currently available and is called "A Dog's Instinct" by Tang Yau Hoong. I had to post this because I'm addicted to hoodies and jackets in my efforts to "layer" away my bulges. O! to be able to zip up a jacket and not stretch or tweak the design! as this joker does so beautifully.

Go girl.


By the way, how cool is this design? Let's look closer:

This is called "Colorblind" by Matheus Lopes. It's soooo....innocent, vintagey, and Jackson Pollock at the same time.

I won't even dabble in the Womens Cut T's. The sleeves are skinny and the waist is a bit tapered. So Fat Mo-Mom is left trying to be cool in the mens section. Fortunately I have Threadless to help me (try) to pull it off.

FatMormon would love to hear of your wardrobe dilemmas or delights. Please send your tips to our team at fatmormon [at] ldsliving [dot] com. Thanks.

No comments: