Thursday, November 20, 2008

Our Old Friend, The Late Night Binge

There is nothing quite like watching reruns of your favorite TV show while inhaling a big bowl of ice cream. It’s relaxing and satisfying. You can forget all your stresses for that short period and just “veg”.

I suppose there is just one problem with all that. The “veg” part. Ironic that we have coined the term “veg out” for someone who needs to relax and do nothing. It should probably be “fat out” or “chubbify” – something more descriptive of the actual results of that action.

A few weeks ago it hit me that this period of the day was when I consumed half of my daily calories. Well...nearly half. It was so easy to have dinner and then snack all the rest of the night. I realized that putting a stop to this may just be one of the most effective solutions to weight loss.

It has been 2 weeks now. I can’t eat anything after 7:30pm. I can drink water or juice, but nothing else. I’ve lost 6 lbs in the last 2 weeks. I’ve also been exercising several times a week, but I’ve been doing that for a few months. This new epiphany just may be the final element to forge my magic bullet.

3 comments:

*Monica* said...

congratulations! 6 pounds is awesome! I keep fudgesicles in the freezer for just such occasions. They are only 90 calories and I have one when I need something sweet after dinner.

*Monica* said...

P.S. I miss your elephant

Fat Mo-Mom said...

Oooh, I'm incorporating into my eating plan soon to be unveiled. I like this...thanks DJJ